Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Proving Hope, Words of Encouragement, and Support can Make a Difference

For years, it seems I am battling myself. I always think that there is more that I could be doing with this life I have been given. Although the way I live my life is far from perfect, I know that being diagnosed with MS is my blessing in disguise. The diagnosis transformed who I had become and has shaped me into the woman I am today. Though there are still countless struggles, and though I often sit up at night wondering what I am doing with my life, I know that, somehow, I am making a difference in another's life with my own.

A wonderful, inspiring, and generous friend of mine sent this to me via Facebook. For privacy purposes, I won't disclose her name, but her words prove to me that "somehow, I am making a difference in another's life with my own."

She writes:

"Hey Desiree,

You have no idea how much I miss your face! I just wanted you to know how much of an amazing person you are. You are such an inspirational person, and I'm so glad I met you! I've been struggling depression all my life; and the picture you posted really spoke to me. I've been coming clean to a lot of my friends in the past year, and they don't really know how to handle it. I hope my post gives them a little insight.

You, my dear, are incredible! Your drive to overcome is one of my biggest sources of motivation. I just want you to know how much love I have for you. I know it's getting tougher for you; and I just want you to know that you have support.

I guess I just sent this to say, 'Thank you!'"


She may never know how her words have affected me...

No comments:

Post a Comment